The BCWWA respects and upholds an individual’s right to privacy and to protect her or his personal information, and is committed to ensuring compliance with applicable privacy legislation.
The only circumstances under which personal information may be disclosed to third parties is for the fulfillment of any purposes identified below, or as required by law. If personal information is disclosed to third parties for the fulfillment of any purposes identified below, the BCWWA will ensure that appropriate security undertakings are employed to protect the transfer and use of personal information. The BCWWA does not sell, trade or rent personal information to third parties.
- Purposes for Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal information is any information about an “identifiable individual” that can be used to identify or contact a specific individual. Personal information is collected from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit the site, place an order, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on the Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
Users may, however, visit the Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, but it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
The BCWWA may collect and use User’s personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: Information you provide through survey response, online form or email allows us to respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize User experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users, as a group, use the services and resources provided on the Site.
- To improve the Site: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments: We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion or contest: We may use the information Users provide about themselves when entering a promotion or contest, in relation to administering and marketing a promotion or contest.
By entering a contest or promotion, or requesting information or products, individuals are giving the BCWWA permission to contact them by way of the information they provide.
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
The BCWWA protects personal information with security safeguards. Safeguards include physical, administrative and electronic security measures.
Users have the right to access their personal information under the control of the BCWWA. A User may challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information, and have it corrected or amended as appropriate. The CEO will assist with access requests. If access cannot be provided, the BCWWA will notify the User, in writing, of the reasons for the refusal and of the process for appealing the decision.
- Purposes for Collection, Use and Disclosure of Non-Personal Information
Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about a User’s means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and Internet service provider utilized, and other similar information. We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with the Site.
- Web Browser Cookies
- Third Party Websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
- Concerns or Questions Regarding Compliance
Please direct questions or concerns regarding BCWWA’s compliance with this Policy to the BCWWA’s Chief Executive Officer, at Suite 620 – 1090 W. Pender St., Vancouver, BC V6E 2N7.
This document was last updated on April 28, 2015